Painless Statistics (Barron's Painless) (Paperback)
Whether you’re a student or an adult looking to refresh your knowledge, Barron’s Painless Statistics provides review and practice in an easy, step-by-step format.
An essential resource for:
- Virtual learning
- Learning pods
- Supplementing classes/in-person learning
- Clear examples for all topics, including data and distributions, basic probability, confidence intervals, bivariate statistics, and much more
- Diagrams, charts, and instructive math illustrations
- Painless tips, common pitfalls, and informative sidebars
- Math talk boxes that translate complex “math speak” into easy-to-understand language
- Brain Tickler quizzes throughout each chapter to test your progress
About the Author
About the Author
Patrick Honner, M.S.Ed. (Brooklyn, New York) has been teaching mathematics for more than 20 years, and he has spent the past 17 years at New York City’s specialized high schools, teaching a variety of courses (from introductory algebra to multivariable calculus) that involve basic statistics, probability and statistics, and statistical regression. Patrick has received several teaching honors, including the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching, the Muller Prize for Professional Influence in Education, and the Math for America’s Master Teacher Fellowship. His work has appeared in the New York Times Learning Network, and he writes a column for Quanta Magazine where he connects active math research to classrooms and curricula.
About the Publisher
In the 1930s, Manuel H. Barron opened a bookstore in Brooklyn, New York.
People from the community asked Mr. Barron about books that might be available to help their children study for the New York State Regents exams. After realizing there wasn't anything available, Mr. Barron created his own study guides.
80 years later, Barron's has helped millions of people prepare for their next step.